WORK WITH THINKOUT
SPECIAL NEEDS SUPPORT ASSISTANT
£12 - £15 P/H (Depending on experience)
Special Needs Support Assistant is required for a local new charity that supports young adults with learning disabilities in Chichester, West Sussex. The charity was set up to help young adults develop social networks, friendships and support their independence. This is a growing charity, and it is expanding its offer of various social activities, workshops and buddy support schemes to ensure the young adults can live enriched purposeful lives in the local community.
We are looking for a friendly and enthusiastic person to join our team and help guide, support and encourage our young adults to develop all the skills necessary to develop their confidence and independence. The post will involve supporting the young adults on 1:1 basis or within small groups and adapting group tasks to meet individual needs. The person appointed will need to support an inclusive environment enabling the young adults to access their personal programmes, and to support the young adults’ communication skills to help them develop relationships with others. The successful candidate will need to be caring, passionate and enthusiastic about helping the young adults reach their full potential.
Special Needs Support Assistant – Position Overview
- Support and engage the young people in their learning and adapt activities to suit their needs under the direction of the group manager.
- Work successfully as part of a team.
- Implement specialist programmes supplied by senior management.
- Be sensitive to young people’s individual needs.
- Work closely with parents and colleagues.
- Always maintain confidentiality and understand key safeguarding issues and procedures within various environments.
Special Needs Support Assistant – Position Requirements
- Ideally 2 years’ experience working within the special needs sector.
- Enthusiastic to make a difference to young people’s lives.
- Good literacy and numeracy skills, evidenced by relevant qualifications.
- Experience of working one-to-one.
- An understanding of how young adults differ in their learning.
- An ability to establish supportive relationships with our young adults.
- First aid training would be beneficial.
Special Needs Support Assistant – Position Remuneration
- £12 – £15 P/H (Depending on experience)
- Working hours: Tuesday, Wednesday & Thursdays, 6 hours per day (additional Saturday mornings may be required) – the days can be flexible.
- Opportunity to progress career within a growing charity.
- Self-employed – pay own tax and national insurance. Also doesn’t include holiday or sick pay.
- To start from January 2022
Please could interested candidates email either a CV or written evidence of what makes them suitable for the post to firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing Date: Friday 17th December
Interview to take place during the first week of January
GET IN TOUCH WITH 'THINK18'
phone number and we will be in touch soonest.
Registered Charity No 1186158
We would really appreciate your help.
Give our young adults the
MAKE FRIENDS & HAVE FUN !